I make mention of this, as the next generation of Mobile Networks have Data at its heart. There is a General worldwide push towards 4G, represented by the competing sister protocols LTE (Long Term Evolution) and WiMaX (Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access) being undertaken by older more established Telecom Providers such as Telecom Provider AT&T and Telecom Provider Verizon as stated in my blog article entitled “Alternative Energy and 4G - Green Lantern Core”.
- 500 million WCDMA powered HSDPA (High Speed Downlink Packet Access) connections during June reaching 5 billion subscribers
- WCDMA is the fastest growing wireless Broadband protocol worldwide
- HSDPA is 47% of all Wireless Broadband connections
- 5.5 billion Total world connections by the end of the Second Quarter
- HSDPA has grown by one hundred and fifty seven million (157,000,000) new Broadband Additions.