My Thoughts on Technology and Jamaica: How to use a Print cartridge chip resetter to reset Canon Pixma MG2522 Printer Black and Colour Cartridges

Saturday, May 5, 2018

How to use a Print cartridge chip resetter to reset Canon Pixma MG2522 Printer Black and Colour Cartridges


People on the internet, I am at my wits end as relates to refilling the printed ink on my Canon MG2522 Printer.
Google Logo

The procedure I've laid out in my blog article entitled “How to refill Canon Pixma MG2522 Printer Black and Colour Cartridges”. 

The problem is that you have to reset the Canon Pixma MG 2522 Printer Cartridge Ink Level Monitoring in order for the printed to start using the refilled cartridge as detailed in my blog article entitled “How to reset Canon Pixma MG 2522 Printer Cartridge Ink Level Monitoring”.  .

Unfortunately, the procedure I listed in the blog article isn't working 100%.

So I've begun looking for an alternative way to reset the Ink Level Monitoring in these refilled cartridges......and I think I may have found just the thing!!

How to reset a printer cartridge using a Print cartridge chip resetter

Canon inkjet printers use ink cartridges that are equipped with an Ink Level Monitoring. This is a microprocessor that reports when a cartridge is low or out of ink.

The actual process of resetting a printer ink cartridge cannot be done via the printer, as I’ve discovered from doing some detailed research into Canon Ink Cartridge Resetting. Rather, you have to reset the printer cartridge using a Print cartridge chip resetter designed for your specific cartridge model.

Print cartridge chip resetters may be purchased as a standalone product or may be included with refill kits. A simple search on eBay for “Print cartridge chip resetter Canon pixma mg2522”, yielded the following results.

Google Logo

I'm of course planning on buying the cheapest device, the PGI-225CLI-226 Chip resetter reset for Canon Pixma MG5120 MG5220 MG8120 MG6120 for US$17.99.

Hopefully when the device arrives, it'll help me reset my refilled printer cartridge for my Canon Pixma MG2522 Printer and allow me to continue printing.

Google Logo

You can modify the search term to search for Print cartridge chip resetters for other models of printers, as these chip resetters are specific to each model and type of cartridge.

Sharing is caring so share this bit of info with someone who is in a jam and need their printer printing again!!!


No comments: