Wednesday, February 22, 2017
How to Delete Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox and Opera browser history on an iPhone
Deleting browser history from your computer browser is an essential life skill to survive a nosy girlfriend.
So I’ve pointed out in a previous article entitled “How to save your relationship by Deleting Browser History for Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Apple’s Safari”.
However, she'll eventually get a hold of your Apple iPhone unlock code or password, making you think differently about her. So how do you stop her from finding out you've been chatting to her best friend, who secretly wants you?
Well, Temporary internet files and cookies also away at your smartphone’s internal storage if you don’t manage them. That too is a major headache of browsing the internet. So, you'll have to learn how to delete your browsing history and cookies on an iPhone or Android device and clear your browsing history and cookies from Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Opera.
How to clear your browser history on an iPhone – Safari, Chrome, Firefox and Opera
Apple’s default browser is Safari. Unlike most browsers, you can’t clear your browsing data from the browser; you have to go into the device’s settings as follows:
1. Open Settings.
2. Scroll down to Safari.
3. Scroll down to Clear History and Website Data, and select it.
4. A pop-up message will appear, notifying you that this will remove the data from your device and other devices signed into your iCloud account.
5. Tap Clear History and Data to confirm.
If you use Google Chrome, the same treatment applies:
1. Tap the more menu in the upper-right corner.
2. Go to Settings.
3. Go to Privacy, and then tap Clear Browsing Data.
4. Check what you want to delete from the list, and then choose Clear Browsing Data.
5. Tap Clear Browsing Data again to confirm your decision.
1. Tap the hamburger menu at the bottom,
2. Tap Settings.
3. Go to Clear Private Data.
4. Select the things that you want to delete
5. Select Clear Private Data again.
6. A reminder will appear signifying that this data will be deleted, and that the action cannot be undone.
7. Tap OK to confirm your decision.
Opera is growing from strength to strength on mobile. Right now, the Opera Browser is a great browser to use on a smartphone, especially if you need a free VPN (Virtual Private Network) as explained in my blog article entitled “How to get a Free VPN using an Opera Browser”?
The same treatment applies also:
1. Tap the red “O” at the bottom of your browser.
2. Tap Settings in the resulting pop-up menu.
3. Go to Clear.
4. Select specific things, such as saved passwords or cookies, or select Clear All.
5. You will be asked if you’re sure you want to clear the data.
6. Choose Yes.
So there you have it; sharing is caring so share this with your friends who have nosy girlfriends who like poking around in their smartphones.