Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Animation After KingstOOn - How to Author Professional DVD Copies of your Animation Project or any Downloaded Video or Audio Files
In my blog article entitled “How to download High Quality Music via torrenting - The Mortal Instruments City of Bones used to get Free Music” I’d mentioned the Any Video Converter that’s great for converting any Video Format to any other Audio or Video Format. You should really pair this software with VLC Media Player which can also play any Video or Audio Format.
If you’ve now reached the point where you have the Animation Studio set up with the basic Video Editing Software as recommended in my blog article entitled “Animation after KingstOOn - How to get free Video Editing Tools to breathe life into you Animation Project” with the Photo Editing Software as recommended in my blog article entitled “Animation After KingstOOn – Free Photo Editing Software and How to get a copy of Adobe Photoshop CS2 absolutely Free”, your basic rig is set.
Funding for purchasing more equiptment, expansion and funding your big Animation projects can be obtained via applying for NGO (Non Governmental Organization) and GOJ (Government of Jamaica) Grant Funding as well as Crowdfunding via I Support Jamaica as described in my blog article entitled“JN Foundation and JNSBL launches Jamaica's first Crowdfunding website, i Support Jamaica - Local Crowdfunding to the rescue of Jamaican Innovators so you don't have to be The Lone Ranger”.
All that’s left is to organize your team of ten (10) and get creative. Most likely with this rig, aside from doing Animation you can also do the following on the side to make revenue to support your entrepreneurial venture:
1. Website Design
3. Video Editing
Now whether you doing Animation or any other computer related activity, you’ll need to at some point author a CD or DVD of your work for clients to see. Sharing links to your work uploaded to a Cloud Drive as described in myblog article entitled “How to use Dropbox, Google Drive and Sound File Sharing Websites to Share and Promote your Content online - Sharing is Caring”, especially if the potential client doesn’t have super fast Broadband or the File is larger than the Size of your Cloud Drive.
Uploading your work to Video Sharing Sites and Cloud Drives is mainly for Marketing and Promoting your Work. Thus it’s still important to know how to legally burn a CD or DVD using Free Software. Before you begin, there a few pointers you need to bear in mind before you go ahead and start burning CD or DVD:
1. The Apple Mac is preferred but if you have a PC, you can always install a Linux Distribution i.e. Fedora Linux or Ubuntu Linux. Just do a fresh Reinstallation
2. In reading CD/DVD burner speeds, the “x” means “times 15kbps”. For a typical CD/DVD Burner e.g. 32x/24x/20x = [Read speed]/[Write Speed]/[Re-Write Speed] with you main concern being the Write speed
3. When buying the DVD-R/CD-R Master CD and DVD’s, buy them in the Bigger Jewel Cases encased and sealed in plastic; do not buy the thinner Jewel Case even if sealed and encased in plastic.
4. Order the DVD-R/CD-R Master CD and DVD’s (usually Gold coloured Writing surface) as these are used for pressing Master Copies for Recording Artiste. They offer higher fidelity and guaranteed coherence (ability to recover data from saved Archives).
5. When Cleaning CD and DVD Drives, best to spend money and get a professional CD/DVD Cleaning Kit from a local PC Store or online and not the ones off the street.
6. In holding CD or DVD, always wear Latex Gloves and use your fingers to holds the edges and the mounting hole to avoid damaging he writing surface of the CD or DVD
7. In Cleaning dirty CD and DVD, do NOT use alcohol. Only used Distilled Water and a Lint Free Cloth and wipe gently in a circular pattern ONLY to avoid damaging the writing surface of the CD or DVD
8. Do not store CD and DVD’s in Sleeves or Cases. Store them in their original Jewel Cases to avoid damaging the writing surface of the CD or DVD
For CD and DVD Burning as listed in “Best free CD and DVD burning software for all your optical-disc burning desires”, published August 17, 2013 By Brandon Widder, DigitalTrends and “Best free DVD burning software: 8 programs to burn media and backups”, published April 2nd 2013 11:14 By Mike Williams, TechRadar, you can use the following freeware:
Apple Mac OS
If you planning on making a playable DVD that can be played in an ordinary DVD player, you’ll need DVD Authoring Software as listed in “Best Free DVD Authoring Software”, published July 7 2013 3:31 by site.editor, Tech Support Alert. The list above merely creates an *.iso file and burns it to a CD or DVD. DVD Authoring Software will package your Videos into a professional DVD with Menus, Chapters and Pages similar to those that you can buy on the Street.
In fact, you can use the software listed below to make your own DVD Movies from the Videos you may have downloaded using the instructions in my blog article entitled “UWI'splanning to increase all Tuition by 5.5% come the new Academic Year 2013-2014 -How to Download ANY Video, including Facebook Videos, Convert and Free VideoHosting Online”:
1. Bombono DVD
As the above listed software are freeware, download them and play with them, as the advantages they have over each other mainly lies in how user-friendly they are to use and their ability to help you professionally author your work into a DVD.
I hope this helps. Sharing is caring so share this post with as many of your friends who may be looking for free options to burn Videos and Audio onto CD and DVD as well as professionally presenting their work on a DVD for a prospective client.