My Thoughts on Technology and Jamaica: How to change your Wordpress Blog email and password for increased security

Monday, August 29, 2016

How to change your Wordpress Blog email and password for increased security

As most of you may be aware, I am an avid blogger, running three (3) separate blogs as follows:

2.      Geezam blog

I recently had a problem with my email account be closed by Google due to an excessive amount of email marketing to my 800 plus fans. Wordpress blogs are notoriously hard to get traffic; using mass emailing via a list created from the local newspaper and Google Plus has been the best way to drive traffic to my MICO Wars: The Teacher Force Awakens blog!

This prompted me to write about free and paid Mass Mailing Applications to send email to my followers as explained in my blog article entitled “How to use Mass Mailing Applications to send Bulk Email to your Followers Online”.

However, I soon realized that I had a lot of other service that I'd signed up to using my Gmail account that needed to be changed to a different account. My blog My Thoughts on Technology and Jamaica was ok, as it uses a different email. 

But my other blog MICO Wars: The Teacher Force Awakens, a Wordpress Blog needed to be changed to a different email address as well as have the password changed as detailed in my MICO Wars blog article entitled “How to change your Gmail and Yahoo Password as Jamaican Government secures Websites”.
                                                                                                          
This is important especially if I forget my password and I need to change it or to keep track of notifications as well as comments made by readers! On that note, I have a whole lot of other accounts that I need to switch away from my Gmail account!

So without further ado, here's how to change the email and password for a Wordpress Blog!!

How to change Wordpress Blog email and Password – Very Straightforward and simple

First, I begin by logging into my MICO Wars: The Teacher Force Awakens blog.

Google Logo

Then click on your blog icon and select Account Settings from your drop-down menu.

Google Logo

In the field that says Email Address change it to the new email that you’ve set up

Google Logo

You’ll be then prompted to confirm the change by checking you inbox for your new email, thereby completing the process.

Next to change the password is also similarly straightforward. First I log into my MICO Wars: The Teacher Force Awakens blog.

Google Logo

Then click on your blog icon and select Security from your drop-down menu

Google Logo

Select Password to get the form to change the password and select Save Password button to make the changes permanent.

Google Logo

Hint: write the new password in a Notepad document temporarily to ensure that you don’t get it mixed up during this verification step. Make sure it’s mixture of letters and numbers with some of them in Caps.

Google Logo

You're email and password has been changed, making it possible for you to receive notifications once more and making you blog more secure. Remember sharing is caring so share this with your friends in need.


No comments: