My Thoughts on Technology and Jamaica: How to Report being Blocked from Posting in Facebook Groups on Support Dashboard

Saturday, November 15, 2014

How to Report being Blocked from Posting in Facebook Groups on Support Dashboard

I’m a very prolific user of Facebook, posting pictures and Blog articles for my Blog My Thoughts on Technology and Jamaica all over the place.




At least I’m getting more members. As of Saturday November 15th 2014 at 3:00pm, my Twitter Profile has reached 205 followers and grew at a rate of two (2) members per day on average over the last 28 days!




After all, that’s how I generate 30% of my readership, the other 70% coming from Google+, for which I’ve integrated the Google+ Fan Box and Comments Box on my blog thus allowing smartphone users to subscribe to my posts as noted in my blog article entitled “How to integrate a Facebook and Google+ Comment Box in Blogger to increase Blog Traffic - Managing your Google+, Facebook and Blogger Profiles”.

I haven’t yet set up my Facebook Fan or Comment Box  as I haven’t set up a Facebook Page as yet so that I can enable a Comments Box on my Blog My Thoughts on Technology and Jamaica as described in my blog article entitled “How to integrate a Facebook Fan Box or a Google+ Plus Box in Blogger to increase Blog Traffic - The power of a Dedicated Social Media Profile Page”.

Folks work in Progress, as I push toward my blog going Professional by 2017 as is my stated plan as expressed in my blog article entitled “Strategies to mitigate against Blogspot Shutdown – How to do a backup of your Blogger Blog in case Disaster Strikes as Maintenance is key”.

Blocked from Posting in Facebook Groups – How to Report a Problem and get help from Support Dashboard

So it’s kind of a bummer when Big Blue blocks you from posting on other Profiles for NO APPARENT REASON! What to do you may ask?

First you have to log back into Facebook. You may have to answer some silly question to prove your identity, such as having Facebook send you a special code to your phone to prove it’s you and not some no-good hacker up to…well…..no good!

For this reason it’s a good idea to make sure your “friends” are people you ACTUALLY know.

Even better download their images using PhotoGrabber as explained in my Geezam blog article entitled “How to download Photo Albums and Videos from your Personal and your Friend’s Profile on Facebook” BEFORE you get locked out , so that you can identify them when FB start asking you to do so.

Otherwise you’ll be permanently locked out of your own Facebook account.

I personally keep a list of my Facebook Friends as well as the Pages that I like that I print using my Google Chrome’s built in PDF Printer as mentioned in my blog article entitled “How to get around The Jamaica Gleaner Content Paywall using Google Chrome or PDFCreator - Google Web Inspector is That Awkward Moment when The Monuments Men Break down the Paywall”.

Once you’re in, you then head straight to the Arrow icon on the right, click it and then select Report a Problem.



The screen will get grayed out and a pop-up menu will appear. You then select the “Something isn’t Working” Option to Report a Problem from that pop-up menu!



Another pop-up menu will appear. Click on the Drop down combo box under the Where is the Problem ? Label and scroll down and select the option that suits the problem you have.



Then type a brief description of the problem, including a screenshot of your problem as an example. In my case my problem was “I am unable post on any of the Groups in which I’m a member”.



Once you select send, you’ll get a Thank You note as shown below. Give it another 24 hours before you check the Support Dashboard to see if they’ve responded to your query.


Access the Support Dashboard after 24 hours have passed, go to the Arrow icon on the right, click it and then select Settings.



Then on the Facebook Setting Page, look to your left to the bottom and you’ll see a link to the Support Dashboard.



Click on that Support Dashboard link to read any messages left by Facebook Staff alerting you that you’re problem has been resolved. In my case, I’ll be able to post and join Facebook Groups by 10:35pm on Saturday November 15th 2014 as shown below.



Folks, that’s how report a Problem and check for the resolution on Facebook ‘s Support Dashboard. Happy Trails as I hope this solves your Facebook woes!








No comments: