My Thoughts on Technology and Jamaica: How I got 5 Day Free 4G Broadband Service from Digicel – Wi-Fi Broadband Hopping their next Promotion as Christmas approacheth

Friday, September 12, 2014

How I got 5 Day Free 4G Broadband Service from Digicel – Wi-Fi Broadband Hopping their next Promotion as Christmas approacheth

Look like Telecom Provider Digicel saw my rant on their Free Promotional 4G Broadband Data offer as per my blog article entitled “Free Wi-Fi Internet as a Promotional Tool - Broadband Hopping the next weapon from Digicel and LIME”.

This as on Saturday August 30th 2014, I was able to get five (5) days free 4G Broadband service by just topping up with only JA$300. This offer is given by Telecom Provider Digicel when customers haven’t logged on to their service in more than three (3) months. This happens a lot to me, as their 4G Broadband Plans for persons like me who have a 4G WiMaX Modem are quite pricey as detailed in my Geezam blog article entitled “How to setup and troubleshoot your Digicel 4G Broadband Modem”.

The prices are reproduced in the table below:


I basically have to sacrifice JA$2500 per month to get Data to do work while I’m at MICO University College. For that reason, I realize for now, until my computer repair business picks up as described in my blog article entitled “Folks, I'm back in Swallowfield - Saturday and Sunday are Blogger Maintenance Day so no blogging”, MICO University College is going to be my best friend in terms of Internet Access, especially on a Sunday!

I’ll have to sacrifice part of my day to go up to the campus of MICO University College and check my MICO Email and also do homework and research. This given my light work schedule is more than reasonable!

Fortunately, despite my misgivings about coming to MICO University College to do my Professional Diploma in Teaching, which is technically a B.ED (Bachelors in Education), their Library is well stocked and organized.

They have multiple Computer Labs. Plus they have blazing fast Wi-Fi.

So far I’ve had no problems, so I’ll just grin and bear it and make the 30 minute journey lugging my 3 lb Laptop back and forth to do work on the campus of MICO University College

Digicel Free 4G Broadband Promotion – Wi-Fi Broadband Hopping their next Promotion

Please note that the Data Rates for 4G Mobile aka 3G are completely different as they are specifically plans for smartphones and Tablets and are a lot more complicated to use my blog article entitled “Digicel's JA$70 Data Plans vs LIME's JA$50 Data Plans - How to choose 3-Day and 30-Day Data Plans in Jamaica”.

The process is fairly straightforward. Just log into the Digicel Selfcare Website and you’ll see as usual that you’re on empty!


 You’ll then see the moving banner being advertised imploring you to redeem the offer of free five (5) Day 4G Broadband.

Add credit and when selecting a plan, click on Promotional 5Day CPE Discount from the drop down menu.

That it! Once confirmed, restart the 4G Broadband Modem and you’re online. Hoping that Telecom Provider Digicel does some kind of promotion for their one millionth activation for 4G Broadband customers!

This as they’ve feted the millionth 4G Mobile customer, 22-year-old Kellyon Smith a student of Church Teachers' College in Mandeville, with a prize of JA$1 million as was the case for as explained in my blog article entitled “Digicel surprises 1 millionth Data Activation Customer - Church Teachers' College Kellyon Smith as 2 millionth Data Activation is fast Approaching”.

Perhaps Wi-Fi hopping where if you’ve not applied a 4G Mobile Plan for quite awhile, they’d give you the ability to log on to the Internet via a Wi-Fi signal from a nearby 4G Broadband customer’s Wi-Fi Signal as explained in my blog article entitled “Free Wi-Fi Internet as a Promotional Tool - Broadband Hopping the next weapon from Digicel and LIME”.

I’ll be keeping Track of Digicel’s Promotions as with Christmas only 6 Score Days away, they’re bound to have more exciting goodies in store for their Loyal Customers!


No comments: