My Thoughts on Technology and Jamaica: 21 Jamaicans now infected with Chikungunya Virus - DEET and Citronella are Trending Back-to-School Perfumes on the Playground

Sunday, August 31, 2014

21 Jamaicans now infected with Chikungunya Virus - DEET and Citronella are Trending Back-to-School Perfumes on the Playground

And now there are 21 Cases of Chikungunya!

This was confirmed from the just received samples from the Director, Emergency, Disaster Management and Special Services, Dr Marion Bullock DuCasse, who has just received the results of the tests conducted by CARPHA (Caribbean Public Health Agency) on four more person suspected of being infected with the disease.

Those results came out on Friday August 29th 2014 as stated in “Four additional cases of Chikungunya confirmed”, published Friday, August 29, 2014 7:55 PM, The Jamaica Observer.

Forgive me for being late in publishing this, but I had the small matter of travelling back to Swallowfield, Kingston to attend to as chronicled in my blog article entitled “Folks, I'm back in Swallowfield - Saturday and Sunday are Blogger Maintenance Day so no blogging".

The Jamaica Gleaner is no better, having alerted in my RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feed in Mozilla Thunderbird via their article “Four Additional Cases Of Chikungunya Confirmed”, Published: Sunday August 31, 2014, The Jamaica Gleaner.

Dr Marion Bullock DuCasse is famous – My Parish Clarendon is Chic-V free even as I drown in mosquitoes

People, if nobody knew Director, Emergency, Disaster Management and Special Services, Dr Marion Bullock DuCasse, she famous now, as her pictures is plastered all over the Traditional Media, both Newspapers and via Radio and Television interviews.

Even as the Ebola Virus is knocking at our door as stated in my blog article entitled “Trinidad PM Kamla Persad-Bissessar's CARICOM Meeting - Preventing Caribbean Chikungunya Virus and Ebola Virus Epidemic by Christmas 2014”. Still waiting on the outcome of that meeting though!

This latest batch of infected four means that we have:

1.      2 imported cases
2.      1 case that's not quite defined i.e. the Post Graduate UWI Staffer
3.      18 local infections


The infected parishes, oddly, remain the same:

1.      Kingston and St. Andrew
2.      St. Thomas
3.      St. Catherine
4.      St. Ann

I’m feeling unlucky right now, as I type this. It’s damp and wet outside of the place that I live and I wish I was in any one of those un-infected parishes, such as my beloved Clarendon which is Chikungunya virus Free…..for now!

Children and Back to School – DEET and Citronella are the new Trending Perfumes on the Playground

That's not including the 50 suspected cases that the Ministry of Health and the Public Hospitals have to sort through in order to ascertain how many are REALLY affected.

To this end, the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Local Government are partnering to jump-start the Hurricane Preparedness plan so as to at least start drain and gully cleaning and thus reduce the sites that the mosquitoes have to breed as noted in my blog article entitled “JA$12 million for Vector Control by Minister of Health - 50 Suspected Cases indicates Panic, not Chikungunya, is spreading”.

With the heavy rains now falling as I’ve predicted with a possible Hurricane in December 2014 as predicted in my blog article entitled “ESA's Swarm Says the Earth's Magnetic Field is Weakening - How Weakening Magnetic Field results in hotter Summer Days and Hurricanes in Christmas 2014”, this threat is looking more real than I'd imagined.

Even during my walkabout in Cross Roads, I noticed that most of the wholesales are beginning to stock up on Citronella and DEET. You can also get the Mosquito Zapper as well, albeit at elevated prices.

With school starting on Monday September 1st 2014, I suspect children will be smelling good from head to toe. But not from their new clothes!

Rather, it’ll be the latest fashion on the playground, the parents might tell their children; it's called Citronella Oil and DEET. No doubt the parents have told their children to rub it on ever so often and kill any mosquito before it bites them. Also if they don’t wear their Citronella Oil, nature’s Mosquito repellant as described in my Geezam blog article entitled “How to make Environmentally Friendly Citronella (Lemon Grass) Oil for Mosquito Repellant Lotion and Candles” or  no sweets of candies or going outside!

Parents are fearful for their children dying from the Chikungunya Virus or worse, getting an ugly Rash and Jaundice-like Arthritic pains.

If anything, there's always my cure for the Chikungunya Virus as I’d detailed in my blog article entitled “How to fight Illness including Chikungunya Virus using Spices - US$40 Joseph Joseph SpiceStore Carousel helps you organize”. This as our inept Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education and now the Ministry of Local Government will leave us to drown in a sea of Chikungunya Virus-laden Aedes aegypti Mosquitoes.



No comments: